Thursday

A Face For Change

(Image from:http://www.myspace.com/da_empire)

I find it very interesting that I have become a vocal voice and face of Christianity for some people in my department. I am writing today, because I feel it important to speak out on this matter, and I know that I will get some flack from others, but this needs to be said.

BURNING THE QURAN IS WRONG!!!!

I have no idea what this preacher in Florida is thinking. Like the President said, first and foremost, you are putting the lives of our solidiers in danger. I have cousins over there, and I feel like if something happens to them, even if a hair on their head is damaged, this man should be held personally responsible. I would even venture to guess, I just may have a case with that one. I mean it is illegal to insite a riot in the United States.


I was asked by a co-worker the other day, "I have a question for you, since you are a Christian." I have to say that those words are always music to my ears. Whenever a door opens for me to share the grace and beauty of God, I am so humbled by the opportunity. She went on to say, "How do you feel about the Quran burning situation?" I am not sure what she thought I would say, but I would venture to guess that it may have been along the lines of something very intolerant. I was so pleased to be able to shock and surprise her. I told her that I was emphatically against it and that it voilates every Christian ideal that I hold true. Now would I like for everyone to be Christian and share the love of Jesus with me, where we all die and go to heaven and commune together for all eternity. OF COURSE!!! But burning the Quran is not the way to do it.


Most people do not have a clear understanding of what it truly means to be a Christian, including some Christians. Jesus is the truth, the light and the way and he taught us a very important lesson that is not directly mentioned in the Bible. That lesson is patience. When the disciples doubted, Jesus was patient. When the Pharisees attacked, Jesus was patient. When teaching the children both young and old, Jesus was patient. Having to walk miles to spread the word of his father, Jesus was patient. While suffering for days and hours dying, Jesus was patient. We need to exercise patients. Jesus did not say hey if people believe other stuff burn everything and then they will come to me. He knows the human mind and heart better than any doctor, scientist or wanna be preacher. He knows that change in people in slow, but possible and he is patient.


Now do I love my muslim friends not matter what? Of course and I pray for them always and often. Do I love my Buddhist, Pagan, Janist, Hindu, and the list goes on friends? So abundantly and I pray for them always and often. This is a time when we should be deeper in prayer, patience and God's word. We need to understand why Sept. 11th happened and how we can reverse things like that happening in the future. It was made clear to us, as Americans, that the world feels disrespected by us, so they disrespected us. Was that a right decision, of course not, but is it right for us to retaliate in kind? I think not.


I now implore all of my christian friends, family, brothers and sisters to continue to pray for the healing of our country, safety of our troops, that the truth comes to the pastor who is on a dangerous path, for our world, country and economy that we are able to get back many of the things we have lost. I will start.

"I prayed for patiences and God put me in situations where I must wait..." -Author unknown to this writer.

Dear God,


Thank you for every blessing you have bestowed upon us as a country and help us to understand that we have been chosen in this time to set the example of love and tolerance for the world. We are so fortune to take this burden as the yolk is light. Thank you for the enlightenment of all who are looking through eyes of intolerance right now, and showing them that patient and not violence begats the souls you are seeking. Thank you for the safety of our troops now and in the future as they protect valiantly the ideals of what is fair and right for those with no voice or means of protection. Thank you for your continued mercy and grace as we all know that we don't deserve it naturally, but your word says that we are worthy and thus it is so. Thank you for everyone who is going to read this blog and I pray that it changes their hearts and creates in them clean, pure hearts that love others to victory. In Jesus name.



Amen



With abundant Christian LOVE,



Amber



The Manhattan Mona Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment